Success! The press is moving under its own power with the original GE Repulsion Induction Motor Installed!
The GE Repulsion Induction Motor installed onto the Chandler & Price 10 x 15 Old Style Letterpress and the press is moving under its own power once again.
We are officially on our way to making our first impressions!
Yesterday, after what seemed like an eternity, even though in reality it has only been a few weeks, we re-wired and belted up the GE Repulsion Induction Motor to the press and plugged her in. Was a successful test run and I am now super excited to move into the next stages.
So on Friday, I cleaned up the wiring on the GE Repulsion Induction Motor and prepared everything to be mounted. I had finally found some wiring information online regarding this type of motor and after some initial tests with a good friend I was confident about the way I was going to wire it. I went to the store and picked up the last few pieces for the wiring; a junction box etc… I was ready to go. I grabbed the can of WD40 and went around the press one last time flooding all the oil holes and contact points. I then proceeded to have a few beers and relax waiting for the big event come morning.
Saturday morning rolled around, and we proceeded to go about the final wiring of the motor into the junction and switch boxes. We mounted the feed table and positioned and attached the new switch underneath. Next we aligned and tensioned the GE Repulsion Induction Motor and belt to the press and then secured everything down.